April 13, 2018
TEACHER TRAINING Workshop - Adaptive Yoga Moves Any Body -- Description: Join Mindy Eisenberg, founder of Yoga Moves MS, with guest Char Grossman, founder of YogaReach for this fantastic teacher training. You will earn 20 continuing education hours and learn how yoga can be adapted to ease the symptoms of MS and other neuromuscular conditions.
Teacher training is April 13th - 15th. $370, early bird $350 (thru Feb 13). Can you actually put the following longer and more detailed description on the website? Thanks!
Join Mindy Eisenberg, founder of Yoga Moves MS, with guest Char Grossman, founder of YogaReach for this fantastic teacher training. You will earn 20 continuing education hours and learn how yoga can be adapted to ease the symptoms of MS and other neuromuscular conditions.
Adaptive Yoga Moves Any Body Teacher training participants will learn:
- Basic understanding of nervous system and neuromuscular conditions in terms of types, symptoms, treatment options, and adaptations for yoga (MS, Parkinson’s Disease, Spinal Cord Injury, Degenerative Arthritis of the Spine)
- Guiding principles of adaptive yoga for MS and neuromuscular conditions.
- How to apply adaptive yoga techniques to symptoms of neuromuscular conditions, with emphasis on MS (such as fatigue, weakness, impaired balance, rigidity and spasms, pain, anxiety, incontinence, and cognitive impairment).
- How to apply mindfulness techniques to adaptive yoga curriculum, including how to cope with pain and anxiety.
- Essential components to an effective small group adaptive yoga classes.
- How to safely address and assist with transfers to and from a chair and yoga mat.
- How to assist adaptive students creatively and safely in and through asana.
- Lessons learned from experienced instructors.
- Competencies of an effective adaptive yoga instructor.
- How to create an empowering class that allows students to move outside of their perceived physical and mental boundaries.
Students with neuromuscular conditions will be present during training, allowing participants to gain increased confidence to teach adaptive yoga through hands-on teaching and assisting practice.
- Completion of at least 200-hour Registered Yoga Alliance teacher training.
- Two years or more years of yoga instruction experience suggested, but not required
- Neuro-rehabilitation professionals, such as physical and occupational therapists and nurses with an interest in the benefits of yoga
- Caregivers of people living with these conditions who have a fundamental knowledge of yoga and a regular practice.
- $350 Early Bird (before Feb 13th)
REGISTRATION COMING SOON!
Cost includes 20 CE Hours, Adaptive Yoga Moves Any Body Book, and Course Manual.
Learn more about Mindy Eisenberg and Yoga Moves MS here: http:// www.yogamovesms.org/
Learn more about Char Grossman and YogaReach here:https://www.yoga-reach.org/